Skip to main content

What’s the Secret to 100 Years?: David Douglas Diamonds’ Legacy

What’s the Secret to 100 Years David Douglas Diamonds’ LegacyReading Time: 36 minutes

What does it take to build a jewelry business that lasts for generations while creating the freedom to explore the world and make a difference along the way? In this episode of the Pearls of Wisdom Jewelry Podcast, Guy Pineda and Elesa Dillon welcome back Doug Meadows of David Douglas Diamonds in Marietta, Georgia, for an inspiring conversation about family, business, succession, entrepreneurship, and giving back.

Doug returns to the podcast nearly three years after his first appearance, sharing how business at David Douglas Diamonds has continued to thrive and how his family’s remarkable jewelry legacy is approaching 100 years. His grandfather started in Detroit in 1926 as a diamond setter and manufacturer before adapting the business through changing economic times.

Today, Doug is not only focused on growing his jewelry business but also on creating opportunities for others. His travels throughout Africa have led to meaningful projects, including mentoring entrepreneurs in Uganda, supporting women in Zambia who create jewelry from recycled copper, and visiting the diamond fields of Kono, Sierra Leone, with Rapaport. Doug explains why he believes sustainable opportunity, education, and employment can have a greater impact than simply providing financial assistance.

Doug also opens up about one of the biggest challenges facing longtime jewelry store owners: succession planning. With his son Joseph gradually taking over the business and his daughter finding her niche managing inventory, Doug shares practical advice on delegation, documenting processes, developing employees, and using technology and AI to build systems that allow owners to step away from the day-to-day operation.

The conversation also touches on GemVision, BIG (Buyer’s Intelligence Group), IJO, virtual assistants, and Doug’s own “Century of Luxury and Legacy” podcast.

This episode is packed with wisdom about building a lasting business, empowering people, embracing change, and creating a meaningful legacy. Tune in, get inspired, and discover how success in jewelry can go far beyond the sale, it can create freedom, opportunity, and positive impact. Check out the full episode and enjoy another inspiring Pearl of Wisdom!

Podcast Transcript

Intro:
Hello everyone, this is Guy with Southern Jewelry News and this is another episode of the Pearls of Wisdom Jewelry Podcast. Enjoy the episode.

Guy:
Hello everyone, this is Guy with Southern Jewelry News and we are here with another amazing episode of the Pearls of Wisdom Jewelry Podcast. I got Elisa Dillon in my corner as always, good thing. And she's representing USA. There you go.

Guy:
Today we have a special guest here with us. We love hanging out and talking with Doug Meadows of David Douglas Diamonds in Georgia, I think Atlanta.

Elesa:
Marietta, right where we have the show in Atlanta. Mayretta. Yeah. The man, the myth, the legend. Of Marietta, Georgia. It's Doug Meadows.

Guy:
Doug Meadows. Well, thank you again for joining us. And I don't know if anybody listening might have caught Doug on episode 42. That was close to three years ago. and we've run into each other a few times at shows and what not. But what the heck is going on, Doug?

Doug:
I mean, you know, business has been amazing. That's great. I mean, ever since COVID, it's like you keep sounding like a broken record. I mean, it's best year ever, best Christmas ever, you know. And I'm just happy it's still rolling. And, you know, I think a lot of jewelers are feeling that. And, I mean, some of it is really you should be doing better just with the fact that if you could just maintain your existing sales with the price of gold, I mean, you should be doing better. But, you know, trying to hang on to those margins and keep business strong. But this has been my year to travel. You know, we also. My grandfather started this in 1926 up in Detroit, which, you know, kind of hit me that we're actually celebrating 100 years of a family of jewelers. When he started, he was in the he had a trade shop. Well, actually, he had he had he was a diamond setter and a manufacturer. And he shifted into more of a trade shop as the economy changed going through the Depression and different things. So I've been doing a weekly podcast myself, talking about him and jewelry back then and doing a few travel trips to see stuff. I mean, we've gone to Detroit where he started. I went to the actual building where he started, had some fun there. And then I just got back from England and where my grandfather was born. um and so went to where my great grandfather was born my grandfather was born um so it's it's been really interesting but along the journey i ended up in africa yeah um and uh i don't know i just you know i've been to africa many many times and i do enjoy it there um i i also love the idea of entrepreneurism um you know of all the I've traveled a lot in my lifetime. And every time I go somewhere, I just see business opportunities. Right. And, you know, so I've taken a few people underneath my wing to try to coach them and mentor them. And we've kind of expanded that now into a vocational school in Uganda.

Guy:
Wow.

Doug:
Working with women in Zambia to make jewelry out of recycled copper and setting them up with gold plating so that they can add a little bit more value to it. Right. And then just also got back from a trip to Sierra Leone with Rappaport and went to the diamond fields up in Kono. um the home of blood diamond you know but um it is not uh there is no war going on right now it is very peaceful the the people there are beautiful and um had a wonderful time up there fantastic

Guy:
amazing and uh it's great that business is going well that you can go off and travel but not just travel because you know, you want to see the world, but to also bring some good and help and support to others. And you're doing that in Africa. And, that's amazing. I think there's a different level of fulfillment when you can help people. I don't know if the word is thrive, but help them, you know, grow. you know, maybe realize that there's more that they can achieve than they thought. Is that what you're seeing with the people that you're helping in Africa?

Doug:
Oh, yeah. I mean, you know, me and my daughter, we went to Victoria Falls and we went to Botswana for a safari back in 2020, just pre-COVID. And our driver there was, our driver was there and I just, I don't know, I connected with him. I'm dangerous. I talk to too many people and just, you know, get involved too quickly. But I don't know, there was just something about him that was special. And so I just, I exchanged WhatsApp numbers with him. And then COVID hit and I just kind of reached out to him just to see how things were going. And he goes, not good. And, you know, tourism had completely dried up and he was dependent upon that. And so, you know, I just I helped him out just a little bit financially to get him through those rough times. But then I reached out to him just to see, you know, what his what's his next step in life. What does he need? And, you know, we all need basically a job to get money. And, you know, one of the things that I've learned over the years is that when helping hurts, you know, sometimes you can just give people money, but that doesn't help them at all. You know, it kind of cripples them, really. I mean, we see that with our welfare system here in the U.S., you know, how we have crippled a whole whole society by making them dependent to live upon that. but, and not have, anyways, that's another story.

[Commercial]

This episode is brought to you by GN Diamond. Ready to offer your customers the most competitive prices? GN Diamond provides classic finished jewelry with speedy overnight delivery. We help jewelers sell more diamonds. Call 1-800-724-8810.

Doug:
in that soapbox. You know, and just kind of brainstorming with them, you know, we were exploring the idea of him getting like a truck driver's license or a bus driving license. And he said, you know, if I could, if I could get me a car and then I could, you know, be a taxi driver and just drive the locals around. I go, okay. You know, so we explored that idea and empowered him to do that. And, you know, you just, I've watched his lifestyle just change drastically. And… I've been with him through the birth of two children so far. One of his last child that they had, they actually asked me to name the baby, which blew me away. I mean, what a burden, you know.

Guy:
And did you say Doug?

Doug:
Well, it was a girl. So I'd come up with a girl's name and stuff. So I was very humbled by the offer. But, you know, just to see that. And then like the girls up in Zambia, the first time we gave them a paycheck, I mean, we got it on video and they're just jumping up and down with joy. And, you know, just it really transformed because, you know, we basically pulled them out of the slum. And gave them a job, gave them a self-worth. Yeah. you know, different things. So it's just really interesting to see how lives are transformed with just a little bit of help, you know, and, and, and more, um, coaching, you know, like this last trip, you know, I just helped him get a few new tools, you know, get him a new phone. I, we spent some time just teaching him how to use the phone, how to use email, how to use a spreadsheet. Um, cause I'm, I'm looking for information from him. You know, what is he, what is his expenses? What's his income? So that we, one, I can help to understand. But, you know, I've had a few failed operation or not operations, but ventures. Yeah. You know, we just, while we were in Zambia, we went to visit a, a gentleman that we helped him set up with a hundred chickens for eggs. And, um, when we got there, there was no chickens. Yeah. They were all gone. So, uh, I don't know if he ate them or sold them or what he did with them because it's a little hard to communicate, but, um, you know, you just don't know until you try.

Elesa:
You're a sport fan. That's amazing. Golly, this man, what an inspiration you are.

Guy:
You know, I totally understand where you're coming from. And I think we've also talked about, I think you have some people in the Philippines as well. And I do as well. big team of people in the Philippines. And, you know, they're used to their life as it is in their environment. And many are content with what they have. And some are looking to do more. But, you know, they're not familiar with the lifestyle that we're familiar here in the U.S. And, you know, a lot of people live in a very simple life. But that also, in some cases, I've noticed that They feel like they almost feel like they need permission to go to more stuff, more things in their life. Like they feel like all they could do is watch it on TV and that's someone else's life. And, you know, and I've seen, you know, that kind of mentality. And I'm like, well, honestly, you can do so much more with some coaching, some help, some encouragement. And like you said, sometimes, you know, the helping financially, that's only temporary. But, you know, the real help and support, the, you know, lifting them up, giving them, not giving them confidence, letting them have. you know, take the confidence to themselves that they do, they do have, they can do, they are worthy. And, you know, I've seen lots of amazing people had no idea they were amazing, go on and do some amazing things. And I personally really find that very fulfilling and happy to help. you know people achieve that but you know it's it's really nice to hear you know about your story and it's not you know i think in the jewelry industry it's not always about selling jewelry right it's not always about selling diamonds and selling gold at this price right there's so much more we are people with lives and you know influence and we can help others and yeah And I see that in you and you love doing that. Why do you love doing that?

Elesa:
What's your why, Doug?

Doug:
What's my why? Well, I mean, my big why is my faith. And, you know, so that's kind of the foundation behind it and the word of God. But, you know, it's but yeah, I mean, you know. Talking about the Philippines, I have my virtual assistant over there, which I would encourage anyone to get yourself a virtual assistant. I mean, it's so funny. When the idea was introduced to me, it's kind of what you were talking about, Guy. You think, oh, that's not for me, or there's no way I could do that. And the more I thought about it, I had a… There was a guy talking about growth at one of the business seminars I was at and he said, in order for, you know, a small company to grow or, you know, a sole proprietor to grow or whatever, they have to learn to delegate. Because if they can't get things off their plate, they'll never grow. Well, they'll get to a certain point. There is a ceiling to it if they try to do it all. And, you know, I was always under the adage, I can do it all you know, was really not a good idea. You know, this being a wisdom channel, pearls of wisdom. Oh, right. You know, the wisdom is talking is to delegate, to learn to delegate. And and so I took I took a chance on a VA and it has changed my life. I mean, and I. More than likely, I've changed her life, too, because, you know, she's making, I mean, they just bought a house, they bought a car. And that's just not very common in the Philippines for them to do that. And, you know, I'm excited. Me and my daughter, we're going to go visit my VA in February next year. and go spend a week in the Philippines with her and her husband. celebrate his birthday while we're there and have some fun.

Guy:
Wow, that sounds amazing. If it was January, maybe we're going to catch up, but I don't know. Have you been to the Philippines?

Doug:
I've never been there. We fly into Hong Kong and then we take the flight on down. I like the, you know, the, the cafe into Hong Kong and short trip. That's awesome.

Guy:
That's amazing. And yes, it is. You know, there's, there's really a lot of help that you can get for many aspects of your life, your business and so forth. And. You know, talking about Africa, I'm pretty excited because I think I told you I'm also going to Botswana in a couple months and doing the diamond tour and all that stuff. And I'm excited about that. That's great to see, you know, from the ground, from the ground, you know.

Doug:
Literally. Is Kaushal putting that one together?,

Guy:
Yes. Yeah Yes, yes, yes.

Doug:
When is that? I want to go.

Guy:
Yeah. Mid-August. Mid-August. Mid-August. Yeah. Mid-August. Let's go, Doug. And yeah. And so, yeah, he's putting that together and that's pretty exciting. I'm excited about that.

Doug:
I stopped by the Botswana booth at the show and I talked to him about, you know, if there's any organized trips to, you know, get me on the list so I could go. Right. Right.

Guy:
Boy, how many times have you been to Africa? How many times have you been to Africa, Doug?

Doug:
Oh, my goodness. Let me think. I don't know. I don't even know that I can count. I mean, I've been going for probably 20 years now. So probably a good, you know, 15 times so far. Nice. You know, I've taken my son there. I've taken my daughter there. I finally just got my wife across the pond and I took her to England and next week we go to Italy. So I'm just excited that I'm finally getting her to try to do a little bit of travel with me. I invited her to the Philippines and she said, why don't you just take Emma, your daughter, my daughter, and you guys go. And I'm like, okay. There you go. All right.

Guy:
All right. that's that's fantastic so you have um you know you've done a lot more traveling and obviously you're sitting in the store it looks like there's people working in the store with you right now and um you know you you have people that you can lean on and rely to obviously to to help run the store so that You know, you can go off, do some other things. What advice could you give to a jewelry store owner that's been around for a while and looking to kind of get, you know, get to that point where maybe they are still running the business and in it. What advice would you give them to try to get to the next level where they can, you know, travel and enjoy or do whatever they're interested in?

Doug:
Right. I mean, the, you know, a couple of different things. One, I mean, I have my son that works with me that is slowly taking over the company. And that has given me, you know, really a lot of freedom. But really, it kind of goes back to delegation and putting processes and procedures in place. You know, it's kind of like, look at all the things you do and document it, you know, so that you can then. Start with the small things. Start with the things you hate doing and hand that off to somebody. But document it. Give them good, clear instructions on what to do. Set them loose. Let them try it. They're not going to be perfect at it. My goal is about 85%. uh perfect and then have a little fluff of 15% that i can live with and because nobody can do it like you right yeah and um but begin to do that and then um you know there were years ago i was at IJO and uh you know those late night uh sit around the table and talk type meetings and there was a jeweler there i forget where he was from i want to say florida but i don't know he had written an article for one of the trade journals on basically how to replace yourself. And I think he had his 10 steps of how to, you know, work your way out of a job. And I mean, it was really a good, simple, clean thing. And, you know, it was delegate, delegate processes, procedures, you know, the things that we just, we hate doing. We procrastinate on them. We, maybe we don't feel like we know how, but you know, The beauty we have today is AI. And, you know. You just get on chat and you start talking to it and saying, hey, I need to create a process and procedure for this that I do. You know, help me build that. And it'll talk you through it. And before you know it, you got a nice document that has been wonderful. So, I mean, we constantly use that to build all this stuff. Sure. But, you know, the other thing is just finding a successor, you know, or deciding. You know, what are you going to do? Are you going to do a GOB and exit that way? Or and if you're going to do a GOB, can you set a date on that yet? And it's emotionally it's really hard. Trust me. I mean, that's I mean, my son, we're we're still actually working through some of that kind of stuff of what does succession planning look like? What does. Um, it looked like for him to take over the company a hundred percent. Right. Right.

Guy:
So today, um, your son and you, you know, you've traveled with your daughter, um, and, and talked about her, uh, but do you, was it, was it a natural fit for them to kind of join the business or was it, uh, was it a, uh, a slow progression that you, that they've, um, yeah,

Doug:
That's a good question. I mean, I've got five kids. And growing up, they all had to work here because I needed their help. It was like forced labor, but, you know, from cleaning the store. But the one thing I wanted them all to do was to have exposure to the company, you know. And I basically told them all that, you know. At some point in time, either this is going to you guys or it's I'm doing a going out of business sale. And, you know, it's open to any of you that are interested. Right. And when Joseph was 13, GemVision came by the store, Doug Kearns. And I love Doug. He's a hoot. And he's trying to sell me. And back then, I mean. I hardly had two nickels to rub together and could hardly afford anything. And he's trying to sell me, you know, this really expensive stuff. And there was two, there was a couple of misconceptions I had. One, I thought I had to buy the software and the mill to actually make the jewelry. I didn't understand the idea of a service bureau to where I could take the file, send it to them and they would build it. So once Doug helped me realize that, no, I just need the software and then I can do that. And I said, OK. So then I gave him, you know, what I thought was the deal breaker. I said, if you can get me financed on this thing, then I'll take it. And doggone it, he got me financed on it. And then so then I talked to my son, Joseph. He was 13 at the time. I said, Joseph, you want to learn this stuff? And he looked at it and he goes, sure. You know, to him, it was a video game. And so we started taking trips up to Iowa, going through the training, getting him trained on it. And then we also homeschooled our kids. And so I always, you know, some of the basic things that I wanted him to learn was Excel and Photoshop. And because I knew those two tools would be valuable to them no matter where they worked. Yeah. And and so that paid off. But he's pretty much always worked with me. He ended up going to college for entrepreneurism and and stuff And then the rest. of my kids you know they've gone off doing other things and one's a firefighter one is into construction and then the other one is he he rebuilds robots that work in hospitals okay but my daughter you know she just has always worked in the store and we've enjoyed having her here she has no desire to want any ownership or any of that type of responsibility I think we've finally found her niche. It took many, many years. We tried keeping her on the sales floor. And that was a terrible fit. It was like putting a square pig in a round hole. But what we discovered is she loves managing the inventory. And so she is my inventory Nazi. And we You know, we work with BIG, the Buyer's intelligence group, and they have coaching calls with her every couple of weeks. And she, you know, is hungry to be their star student. So she works very hard at it and does a great job.

Elesa:
You have a lot to be proud of. You are your children. And I know you're a godly man. And, you know, I know that that plays a big part in role in family and in business. So, yeah, that's amazing. We'd love to hear about all that. Yeah. Yeah.

Guy:
Fantastic. Fantastic. And, you know, that's, you know, having, well, you have five kids, but not all of them. you know, have kind of shown interest or joined the business and you could only kind of support them, show them the ropes, see what they're interested in. And there's a lot of people, a lot of owners that are looking for that. Well, succession plan, because going out of business is scary. And in some in some cases, some people think that's a failure. You know, I went out. You know, and, you know, really a lot of people try to figure out how what's the succession planning? How can I find someone? And so congratulations for you to, you know. You know, expose the children, the kids, and they, you know, some chose, you know, other things. Right. And you got somebody to take over your business and run it, and that's fantastic. Yeah.

Doug:
Well, one of the, I don't know, encouragements that I want to give store owners. is if their kid has no interest is to be patient sometimes because you know i didn't just jump into this i mean i i tried to get out of the jewelry industry i mean my dad didn't want me to be in this he's like you know i want you not to join this industry because it's been tough you know i'm like okay and um and then um so i went worked in the factories and um i ended up with a hernia and so during recovery i had to make money so i went back to my dad and said you know can i work and that and then i never left you know. I also you know doing this hundred year podcast with my my um about my grandfather and our our legacy You know, looking at my dad and my dad's brother or my uncle that took over the company or the business from their dad, they both left the jewelry industry for a season and came back and ended up getting back into it. You know, so sometimes it's a boomerang situation where, you know, they run out, but then they finally decide to come on back. I've heard that. i've heard that story so many times from other friends that their kid didn't join the business until they were in their 30s and it gives them a chance to mature and um you know really i don't know we all have when we're real young we just have a different picture or yeah conception of what the world's about right right true true

Guy:
When they're ready, they're ready. And sometimes they're never ready, but you got to be there to support them. And, you know, it's great that you can give them that opportunity to, you know, maybe they do join and maybe they have a role and maybe they're not in forward facing, not in the, you know, star salesperson on the floor. Maybe they're the inventory Nazi that just keeps that inventory straight. And, you know, keeping the store buzzing because everything is the way it should be. So that's amazing. Well, congratulations on everything and being able to do more, travel more.

Guy:
yeah what i mean you you're doing a podcast and and uh is that is that that's about your family right you're their podcast

Doug:
yeah i mean they're just you know probably on the average 10 minute little clips um and uh you know there are a variety of different things from um just i've been really intrigued with When my grandfather started in 1926, you know, what was jewelry like and what kind of tools did he have to use? And, you know, just what kind of styles of jewelry. And then you get into where they, you know, they couldn't get any platinum for a while because they were using them for spark plugs for the engines of the airplanes. And, you know, so just getting material was harder. And then the tools were, you know, a lot of hand tools versus, you know, Fordham had just come out with their flex shaft and stuff. But so it's really giving me, I don't know, an appreciation for the legacy and the heritage that we have as jewelers.

Doug:
And it's just something that I'm grateful that I have. I mean, you know, there's a lot of guys that just… into jewelry you know right in their lifetime and um they're trying to learn all this stuff exactly yeah they definitely have a lot of good tools with youtube out there man youtube's university you can learn anything yeah on jewelr it's crazy

Guy:
And you pair that up with AI man it's gonna yeah you know you got you're unstoppable unstoppable. Everybody's going to be like Doug Meadows.

Elesa:
I mean, yeah. He's had a lot going on in his life. It's been amazing keeping up with you through the years, you know, three years ago and now. And, you know, we did a story on him in the past, but we've always, you're an inspiration, Doug. And I hope people will check out his store and look him up. What's the name of your podcast? Somebody in your hometown might want to know.

Doug:
You know, I don't know that it has a name. Oh, wait, it does. It's the Century of Luxury and Legacy, Century of Luxury and Legacy.

Elesa:
So subscribe. Oh, speaking of subscription, subscribe right now. We need you to subscribe. If you're watching it and hear it, please just, it's easy. Just click it and then you subscribe. Tell your friends. Yes, yes. Okay.

Guy:
Well, Doug, thank you so much for joining us.

Doug:
Thanks for having me. I always enjoy it.

Guy:
Absolutely. It's always a pleasure talking to Doug. So interesting. Yes. So make sure you give Doug Meadows and David Douglas Diamonds lots of love. And check out Southern Jewelry News also. And thank you so much for anybody out there listening and watching. Thank you. watching the pearls of wisdom. Jewelry podcast. And Doug's here for the second time, I believe. And I think there's going to be a third in the future. Oh, yes.

Elesa:
Yes. He's going to be calling you to get on that Botswana trip. I know a guy. Okay. He's got some connections.

Guy:
There you go. That'll be great. Well, thank you so much. It's been a pleasure for sure.

Doug:
Thanks for having me.

Guy:
Yeah thank you Doug. Thanks everyone for listening. We'll catch you on the next episode. Take care.

Outro:
Thank you for watching another episode of the pearls of wisdom jewelry podcast we'll catch you on the next one take care

The post What’s the Secret to 100 Years?: David Douglas Diamonds’ Legacy appeared first on Southern Jewelry News.



from Southern Jewelry News https://ift.tt/KFOVEx1

Popular posts from this blog

NRF Chief Economist weighs in on inflation and its impact on retail

(WASHINGTON) – Inflation is at a 40-year high but isn’t hitting all consumers as hard as top-line numbers might suggest, National Retail Federation (NRF) Chief Economist Jack Kleinhenz said yesterday. Nonetheless, consumer worries about rising prices could become self-fulfilling if workers demand higher wages to compensate and will play a role in the Federal Reserve’s efforts to bring inflation under control. “After decades of relatively low levels, inflation is on everyone’s mind and has been making consumers and businesses miserable as prices have picked up dramatically over the past year,” Kleinhenz said. “However you measure it, inflation has become a powerful force and plays a key role in the nation’s economic outlook.” “While actual price gains are expected to slow down in the coming months as they lap relatively high readings from the year before, the Fed is concerned about the risk of an unwanted jump in inflation expectations,” Kleinhenz said. “If consumers expect rampant i...

IAS Training introduces Retail Sales and Sales Management Munchies

Reading Time: < 1 minute Brad Huisken of IAS Training, frequent contributor to Southern Jewelry News and Mid-America Jewelry News, has announced a new, free weekly training newsletter – Retail Sales & Sales Management Munchies, Proven Strategies, Techniques and Principles to grow your business. The newsletter will debut March 28, 2025 and be delivered every Friday via email. The newsletter will provide sales and sales management strategies and techniques, designed to increase sales and profits. Huisken recommends that all jewelry store owners, managers and salespeople subscribe to this free training opportunity. Click here to subscribe . The post IAS Training introduces Retail Sales and Sales Management Munchies appeared first on Southern Jewelry News . from Southern Jewelry News https://ift.tt/JUtEAWg

IDCA honors Ben Bridge Jewelers, Savji Dholakia, Brilliant Earth and others at its Annual Awards Night

The Indian Diamond & Colorstone Association (IDCA), a New York-based association of jewelers, diamantaires and colored stone dealers hosted its 38th Annual Awards Night on June 11th, 2022 at the Venetian Hotel during the JCK Las Vegas Show. IDCA President, Rajeev Pandya opened the evening saying it was a distinct pleasure to honor the finest from our industry for their exceptional contribution to the jewelry industry. IDCA is a premier industry organization that plays an active and vital role within the industry and with other trade organizations, he added. IDCA members and their affiliated companies generate over $10 billion in diamond, color stone, and jewelry sales globally, contributing to the success of the jewelry industry in the United States and around the world. It is IDCA’s mission to raise awareness of how their members contribute to this success. Mr. Pandya congratulated IDCA members on their outstanding achievements over the decades and urged the next generation to ...